Thursday, May 12, 2016

Taipei City - 博多拉麵 Ramen noodle

Value for money: 8/10
Cleanliness: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Quality of food: 8/10
Overall: 7/10


Very rarely do I find myself not wanting to eat Japanese Ramen Noodles. This was one of those days where the smells wafting outside just drew me in.



This chain store has 5 stores throughout Taipei: FuXing South Road, BanQiaoNeiHu, Civic Blvd 1 and Civic Blvd 2


The inside is modest and my only criticism is that I think the tables are too close together, to the point where you're almost touching elbows with the table next to you.




I wrote on the menu, to help you a bit. You can choose from a pork, curry, miso or plain soup base. You can also choose your meats: 炸雞 chicken, 叉燒 Cantonese pork, 玉米海帶芽 corn and seaweed, 肉排 pork chop.

1. 肉排咖哩 ròu pái kā lī Pork chop with curry soup
2. 炸雞博多 zhā jí bó duō Fried Chicken in the house special soup
3. 起司可樂餅 qǐ sī kě lè bǐng Deep fried cheese and potato cake


Top dish is the house special soup and the bottom is the curry

1. 肉排咖哩 ròu pái kā lī Pork chop with curry soup



I like Japanese curry, I like ramen noodles, so why not try when both mixed together?

The pork chop was tender and tasty and the curry was mildly spiced with a nice rich flavour. I am unsure why, but I didn't have much of an expectation of this place, it certainly delivers on flavour at a reasonable price for a big bowl of steaming ramen.


The noodles themselves are also fairly good and plentiful.


To keep it warm, it's placed atop this burner which will eventually burn out. In fact, due to the fact that it is raised up, it is at a comfortable height to eat at without bending down - as a tall guy, I am a fan of this!




2. 炸雞博多 zhā jí bó duō Fried Chicken in the house special soup



Apologies for the quality...

I also liked this soup base, but I prefer the curry. In fact, if I ordered the curry with this chicken then I'd be a very happy man, indeed! The chicken here is delicious: tender, juicy, plentiful, tasty. Order the chicken, with the curry soup and I am sure you won't be disappointed.





3. 起司可樂餅 qǐ sī kě lè bǐng Deep fried cheese and potato cake



I probably wouldn't order this again. I have had much better deep fried cheese and potato cakes for around the same price. It was crunchy on the outside but there wasn't enough cheese to really make it special or memorable enough.



I think in Eastern Area, this isn't bad for 2 people eating Ramen Noodles

Overall, I would recommend this place and recommend getting the chicken with the curry soup base.

Opening Times:
Monday - Sunday 
11:30 - 21:30


Tel:
02 2784 0738


臺北市大安區市民大道4段74號

No.74 Civic Blvd, Section 4, DaAn District, Taipei City








Happy Eating!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home