Friday, November 11, 2016

Taipei City - A Han Thai 阿寒泰泰式傳統船麵專賣

Value for money: 6/10
Cleanliness: 6/10
Service: 6/10
Quality of food: 4/10
Overall: 5/10


My apologies for the quality of the photos, this is a backdated post from before I got a decent camera and used my phone.


This street is definitely a street you should know about in Taipei for food and drink.


There are lots of places crammed in, nextdoor to the thai restaurant is a drinks shop, for example. But it is a little confusing to look at because they basically look adjoined.


The menu:






What we ordered:

酸辣蔬菜 (MAMA 麵) 

suān là shū cài (MAMA miàn)
Hot and sour vegetables with MAMA noodles
$145

+ 套餐 (set)

脆皮炸豬皮
cuì pí zhà zhū pí 
Crispy pork skin

健康時蔬泰式花生椰醬

 jiàn kāng shí shū zuǒ tài shì huā shēng yē jiàng 
Vegetables with peanut and coconut dressing

椰子汁

yē zi zhī 
coconut water



If you are prone to teeth breaking or chipping, then avoid this crispy pig skin. However, if you are willing, it is pretty good. Not oily at all, and really quite tasty. 

The vegetables are just the same as the ones in the vegetable noodle dish, so if you are ordering a vegetable dish then don't bother with ordering this as your set side dish. The sauce is on the sweet side, but it is OK.


I enjoy instant noodles as much as the next person, and these ones are good. They're not special, just good.

You know when you crunch down on a piece of green bean and your teeth squeak a little? That's what all of these vegetables do when you crunch them. Disclaimer: I hate squeaky vegetables. In fact, I call green beans 'Squeaky Beans'. I try them whenever I am given them, however, I don't remember a time when I enjoyed eating them.


There's plenty of sauce in this dish, but it's just lacking something. It tastes like a shop bought sauce which is then poured over the top in copious amounts. I don't think it is lacking meat, I think it is just lacking effort.

Let's face it, if you are charging $145 for instant noodles that perhaps cost less than $20 in the shops, you expect something for your money. Unfortunately, you won't get it from here.


酸辣蔬菜 (冬粉)

suān là shū cài (dōng fěn )
Hot and sour vegetables with glass noodles
$145


Unfortunately, this plate is almost identical to the previous plate. The only difference: glass noodles replace the instant noodles.


I enjoy glass noodles and I think they can take on a little more flavour than other noodles. These noodles were alright, but I am afraid that the squeaky vegetables and mediocre sauce have already ruined the dish.



台北市大安區延吉街72號之16

No. 72-16, YanJi Street, DaAn District, Taipei City




Happy Eating!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home