Thursday, March 03, 2016

Taipei City - Garrett

Value for money: 6/10
Cleanliness: 8/10
Service: 7/10
Quality of food: 8/10
Overall: 7/10




Garrett popcorn is taking Taipei by storm, so it seems. I have never really considered popcorn to be anything else but a rare treat when going to the cinema (and even then, I would prefer not to get my hands dirty and then sit with greasy hands throughout my film). However, Garrett have certainly changed my perception of this with their various flavours and the taste of their popcorn. 


Established in Chicago in 1949, Garrett have shops not only in America but also in places such as the UK, HK, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, Japan, Korea, UAE and now Taiwan, too! 

Since the end of last year, Garrett has been churning out some top popcorn in the basement of Taipei 101 shopping mall - not a bad location, eh?



The menu is fairly self explanatory. As you can see, it's not cheap! 


 We went for the Chicago Mix which is a mix of the Cheese corn and the Caramel chip. 

Cheese corn - Have you ever had Wotsits in the UK? The flavour is actually a lot like this (not to play down Garrett at all, but it did remind me of this flavour). It's like a fake cheese flavour, but it's delicious. It's very dry and not particularly greasy, but so addictive! n.b my fingers were yellow the day after, even after washing my hands.

Caramel Chip - Yes, yes, yes! I am a lover of the sweet over the savoury popcorns, definitely. And this popcorn satiated my craving with its crunchy, sugary exterior and the fresh crunch of the popcorn within. The taste is a rich caramel taste with hints of burntness within, lovely. 

However, I do think it is too expensive at $70-$180 for a small bag and $155-$395 for a large bag. However, the small bag is still easy to share between 2 people as a snack. But, if you're looking for popcorn to go along with a good film, you'd be lucky to stretch 1 small bag for an entire film. 

Be prepared to queue. 


臺北市信義區市府路45號B1.32

B1.32, 45 ShiFu Road, XinYi District, Taipei City.





Happy Eating! 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home