Friday, September 02, 2016

England - Jamie Oliver's Fifteen - London

Value for money: 9/10
Cleanliness: 10/10
Service: 10/10
Quality of food: 10/10
Overall: 9/10



Fifteen is the Flagship Jamie Oliver restaurant at Westland Place in London, UK.


I apologise, I didn't take many inside pics :(















Here's what we ordered:

(prices first quoted in pounds GBP and then in TWD)

Homemade Sourdough, butter 

4 ($167TWD)



Surprisingly one of the best things about this meal! The bread on the right is like a German pumpernickel - lightly spiced and very malty. It was awesome. The butter is creamy, salty and rich, to..



Lindisfarne Oyster, peach granita, aperol, basil

3/oyster ($125TWD/oyster)



Not for everyone, the humble oyster.



The peach granita was a nice touch and it would have been ok to leave it at that. But peach doesn't really go with Basil, for my taste.



Crispy pig's cheek, cucumber, pickled mustard, nasturtium

9 ($377TWD)



Don't eat the Nasturtium leaf!

I knew this before, but I wanted to see if it was just for show or whether it would work with the dish.

Result - it is just for show.




I adore this kind of textured and layered pork with crunchy fat on top. The rest of the dish was fine, but it wasn't about to knock my socks off. The pickled mustard sauce you can see in the picture above this one is pretty good, though,


Guinea Fowl pie, pickled walnut, lovage and parsley salad

14 ($587TWD)



Beautifully presented. Simple. Wonderful.




The flavours inside this pie just sing and sing and sing. It was a delight to eat. The pastry was light, but buttery. The guinea fowl was plentiful and packed with flavour. The lovage and parsley salad was a hit of earthy green that lifted the entire dish and then the pickled walnut just knocked it out of the park. A winner.


Hangar steak, burnt celeriac, smoked bone marrow, baby leeks, girolles

17 ($713TWD)



How good does this look? It tasted as good as it looks, trust me.


The steak was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The girolle mushrooms were earthy and sweet, the smoked bone marrow puree was certainly hitting on the money for texture and flavour, and the dill just gave everything another dimension.


Leeks were fine, but didn't need to be there.



Now, to the bill.




Now, I am fine with paying a service charge if I feel that the service has been above and beyond what you expect at a restaurant (for example: DingTaiFeng). Sorry if I offend with the following remarks (kind of, but not really):

If all you do is cook the food (chef) take the food to the table (waiter/waitress) and collect the bill at the end, then why should I give you a service charge? It says that it is a 12.5% service charge with proceeds going toward the Jamie Oliver food foundation, which I am happy to pay towards. But, why not make it a voluntary donation?

In addition, you get a note saying that a voluntary 1GBP (42TWD) has been added to your bill to go toward the Jamie Oliver foundation. I like this idea, and I am more than happy about this. However, why add that 1GBP on and then add 12.5% service charge onto the bill and say the same thing?

This is probably the only thing I didn't like about my experience at Jamie Oliver's Fifteen - hence the 9/10 rating. I thought the food was great and I would come back for that.



Opening Times:
Monday - Sunday
12:00 - 15:00

Monday - Saturday
18:00 - 22:30

Sunday 
18:00 - 21:30

Tel:
+442033751515

Email for reservation:


Jamie's Fifteen(@jamiesfifteen)張貼的相片 於 張貼


15 Westland Place, London, N1 7LP


Happy Eating!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home